Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Gosol to Olot







Today provided again a truly great ride.  I see that photos are uploading very slowly here, presumably due to the tenuous wifi connection, so I will just enter in one today.  This is a photo that I took not long after leaving Gosol this morning.  I am impressed that the region now is more green.  Certainly the impressive Pyrenees mountains are still well visible all around, but the foliage is now actually reminiscent of northern Wisconsin!

We rode 98 km today, with moderate climbing.  Yesterday and today went very well for me, with even more climbing yesterday, so these have been two confidence building days for me.  Today's ride, once again, involved weather so good that I feel almost guilty enjoying it.  There was no rain, comfortable temperatures (except a bit cold in the morning, during the descents possibly), and no significant wind.  Pretty neat!

Tomorrow is the last day of riding.  It is the longest day, in terms of distance to cover, but there is really only one major climb.  We will cover 120 km tomorrow.  The big climb tomorrow comes actually in the latter half of the day.  Descending off of that climb then, we end up later literally at the Mediterranean!

In that regard, this trip is quite like the CrossRoads trip that I did in 2010.  The CrossRoads trip was far longer certainly, but it was also an ocean to ocean adventure.  That earlier trip, and this current one, both start and end at sea level.  Both trips have been truly remarkable experiences for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment